Ramcare creates bridges between marginalized and vulnerable individuals and accessible comprehensive medical care.
Virtual house calls
Ramcare has created a social initiative in our hometown of Hamilton, Ontario called the Virtual House Call Program.
Patients who may benefit from this program are already connected to the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) services and meet one of the following criteria:
- ▪ Elderly patients who have a hard time getting to the doctor’s office due to mobility issues
- ▪ Elderly patients who require a caregiver to assist in travel to office visits
- ▪ Patients with chronic diseases that need close monitoring to ensure that they don’t get sick (e.g. Congestive Heart Failure, Peripheral Vascular Disease, COPD)
- ▪ Have cognitive impairment
- ▪ Mental Health Disorders that make attending busy medical clinics difficult
Ramcare physicians working with a remote patient
Our practitioner team utilizes advanced technologies to seamlessly treat and coordinate care with patients. These marginalized patients have difficulty accessing and receiving consistent care, and Ramcare solves those gaps.